County residents can now apply for New and Renewal Concealed Handgun Permits online; in addition to applying in person. County residents will also be able to change an address or order a duplicate permit if permit has been lost or destroyed. Please read ALL of the instructions below before beginning your online application. Click the link here to start your online application: https://lincolnso.permitium.com/ccw/start
1. Permits are by appointment only; Monday – Friday. For those that choose to apply for a permit using the online application system may select an appointment online during the application process. For those that prefer to apply in person may call 704-732-9050, during normal business hours, to schedule an appointment to fill out the forms at the Sheriff’s Office. Tuesday appointments will be at the satellite office (Charlie District) 1889 N Highway 16, Denver, NC 28037 across from Westport Baptist Church. All other appointments made will be at the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office (Main Office) 700 John Howell Memorial Drive, Lincolnton, NC 28092.
2. In-Person appointments must pay by Cash, personal check, or certified checks. The Online Application System accepts all major credit or debit cards. Please note, that if you are using the online application system, you will be assessed a convenience fee of $4 plus applicable credit card fees. Filling out the application online is voluntary and any fees accrued will be between the company and the applicant.
3. During your in person appointment, you must bring the original certification from the Firearms Safety Course. We keep the original for our records.
4. During your in person appointment, you must bring a valid picture identification; NC driver’s license or NC ID card with your correct current address. If you apply online, the address on your ID must match the information you placed in the online application.
5. On the online application, please include all previous addresses for the past 10 years and all name changes or former married names in the appropriate places.
6. If discharged from the military, a copy of discharge is REQUIRED when you come in for your in person appointment.
7. When you are finished with your online application, you will need to print the packet and bring that packet in with you during your scheduled appointment.
Fees collected are NON-REFUNDABLE
Please make sure you read and understand the entire application!